Mar 4, 2021
Jaime Buchwald is the Co-founder and CEO of Pitbull Tax
Software, which is the premier software used by tax resolution
professionals and the industry in general.
- Jaime originally created his software company because he
originally had the same problem that most successful tax resolution
firms had, specifically he was able to bring in a ton of work but
getting it all done became a massive hurdle.
- That’s why he created a full automation software package which
allows tax resolution firms to run their business more
- He’s also currently a practicing tax resolution professional in
addition to running his software company.
- The IRS is coming back with a vengeance. The cases are coming
in hot as they begin ramping up operations again. In 2019 levies
were up 32% and notices of Federal tax liens were up 13%. A few
months ago the IRS sent out over 2 million notices to people who
are falling behind and they will need to address these before
- We will likely see more bankruptcies in the next 12 months than
ever before. The good news for tax resolution practitioners is that
you can’t use bankruptcy to escape certain taxes and this is going
to lead to a flood of business.
- Practitioners need to realize that every payroll tax case is
actually two cases due to the associated trust fund recovery
penalty. It’s predicted that 40% of small businesses have closed or
will close over the next few months.
- Tax resolution professionals have an opportunity to help these
people find relief from a very miserable situation. It’s incumbent
on us to protect our clients from this coming deluge of tax
- Practitioners that have a book of business have a huge
opportunity to help their existing clients with tax resolution. By
not doing anything they are doing a disservice to their
- There are now so many resources available to the up-and-coming
tax resolution professional. It’s very lucrative and well worth
your time to work with either Michael or Jaime to add tax
resolution services to your business.
- There are thousands of practitioners on the Pitbull Tax
platform and due to the nature of the system, it’s possible for tax
resolution firms to work completely remotely while still offering
them hands-on support.
- The platform can even help new tax resolution practitioners
understand the business and how to serve their clients the
- Tax resolution is one of the fastest-growing aspects of the
industry right now and there are a huge number of tools and
resources available to make adding it as a service easier than
- Successful tax resolution practitioners all share the same
attributes. They invest in themselves and their education, but they
don’t just invest. They implement it too.
- The tax resolution industry changes constantly, so investing a
little time and education is crucial to stay on top of what’s
- The best time to invest in new employees or a new coach is when
you can least afford it. Doing so motivates you to bring in the
cases and justify the expense.
- You don’t have to know everything about the business, you just
need to know who to ask or where to look.
- Will the IRS ever automate tax resolution the way they have
with compliance? It seems pretty unlikely at this point. Other than
that, the future is good for tax resolution professionals.
- Once you learn about tax resolution you’ll start to notice the
opportunities that are all around you. There are between 4500-5000
firms that are marketing tax resolution services in any meaningful
way. Contrast that with the 11.2 million people in the collection
division of the IRS. We are likely to see roughly 20 million
collection cases by the end of 2021 which means there is way more
demand than there is supply.
- The major firms in your local area offering tax resolution
services are actually helping your business by educating the
customer base. Don’t be afraid to “compete” with them.
Mentioned in this episode:
Michael Rozbruch's Tax & Business Solutions
PitbullTax.com (code: rozbiz)